Re: Landing team 10.07.14

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 10.07.2014, 21:33 -0600 schrieb Selene Scriven:

>   - On first boot, music and video scopes didn't show any local
>     files, and the music player claimed there was no music.  I
>     think the MTP server crashed during first boot and didn't
>     recover.  This might be related to my image-flashing script
>     pushing files to the device during the first boot, but I've
>     never seen it not list the files before.

>   - The gallery app doesn't notice new camera images without an
>     app restart, if the MTP server has crashed.

i think you are mixing up mediascanner and mtp-server here ...
mtp-server is only providing the protocol over the USB wire to transfer
files, it does not do anything beyond this. mediascanner scans the local
devices and tells apps and scopes what is available ...

if mtp-server crashed not all files may have been transferred, but if
any of them have arrived on the device mediascanner should pick them up
after a while and show them in scopes and apps ...

you said "on first boot" above, does that mean they show up on second
boot ?

ciao
	oli