[Development] Tilt Controls

 So I have an idea for the Ubuntu Touch OS. It is something I use everyday
on my android. It is a tilt control setting were if my phone tilts enough
to be placed in my pocket or if my android is set face down the screen will
lock. If I would like this specifically and other tilt controlls, like
turning auto-tilt on and off, to be implemented into the Ubuntu Touch OS
how would I go about making a setting page on the status bar called "Tilt
Controls" were I can implement these controls and other ones. Also by doing
so will it have to be an app for some one to install or who would I contact
to get it intergrated into the system so its built into everyones Ubuntu
Touch phone. I posted this idea on the xda forums. I was told that it was
an interesting idea and to try posting this on #ubuntu-devel and on
#ubuntu-touch. After posting there I was told to post it here.

Thanks