Landing team 16.07.14

Hi everyone,

We have a promotion today! Image #133 finally passed our quality
criteria and we were able to release it to the devel channel. We were
really worried as image #134, which was build a little bit later, had
many issues caused (as we later learned) by a recent
unity-system-compositor landing. Thankfully only the latest image was
affected, and we could consider the earlier one as a candidate. The
unity-system-compositor issue has been fixed and landed in the archive,
with a new image building soon.

But back to our #133. There has been many changes with regards to #119,
our last promoted image, but let me try drafting a quick overview:
 - File transfer indication addition
 - WiFi hotspot support
 - Many fixes and enhancements to dialer, messaging and contacts
 - New oxide 1.1.0
 - Haptic feedback on incoming messages and calls
 - Fix for welcome screen lock-ups
 - New Unity8 goodness
 - Many other bug-fixes and enhancements (see all commitlogs for
detailed information)

Smoketesting wise we are still not completely green. Every time we think
we're getting close, it seems something pops up and makes the situation
worse. But we're working hard on making that finally happen.

Plans for the nearest future? We will be releasing Mir 0.5.0 later
today, so be prepared for minor regressions - as every big landing has
carries such risk. And in the next few days we will also be finishing up
the libav10 transition, which will require some coordinated landings of
many components and click packages at once. Let's see how it goes.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/134.commitlog
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/133.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

#134 mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/134:20140716:20140715.2/9083/
#133 mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/133:20140715.2:20140715.2/9080/

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/

* Blocking issues:

** indicator-location crashing during default, sdk and click_image_tests
tests on smoketesting
https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-location/+bug/1338610
[Time counter 8/7]
 -> Charles is looking into this one... No progress here. Time limit for
this one has been achieved. Might get whitelisted.

* Known issues:

** mtp-server crash when transferring music on #15
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mtp/+bug/1317263
 -> Very old bug but gains on importance in the upcoming days

** Ringer only ringing once after upgrade to u94
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1334248
 -> Caused by some race condition, rarely reproducible, whitelisted from
the blocker list by QA

** Wrong WWAN value in saved-states
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/urfkill/+bug/1321627
 -> Fix committed, but mentioned that it can still be reproduced... can
anyone comment?

** Cannot make or receive calls on #133 (and possibly before) mako
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/telephony-service/+bug/1342602
 -> Not as serious as the bug title says, but sometimes can lead to no
cellular signal in certain cases. Rarely reproducible.

* Issues not impacting user experience

** Network indicator crash during dialer-app and messaging-app
smoketesting (Antti)
[Time counter 25/7 - Whitelisted]
 -> The crash will never happen in a normal environment, so we decided
to whitelist the problem. But a fix is in the works nevertheless.

** unity8 crashed with SIGSEGV in
mir::frontend::ClientBufferTracker::client_has()
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1339610
[Time counter 6/7]
 -> This problem has caused some rare test failures in smoketesting,
rarely reproducible it seems

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak