Re: Community participation

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 1:46 AM, Mathijs Veen <mathijsv33n@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Oliver,
Hi, Mathijs thanks for your detailed reply.

> You are right though in saying that we could do with a clearer roadmap for
> people who want to get involved with the phone/tablet project specifically.
> Especially if they are not the greatest coders (like myself).
This was my point basically.

 On the other
> hand: giving out freebees is not what open source community efforts are
> about. It has always been the same simple deal: we all help a little bit to
> grow and maintain a piece of software. No one has ownership of it. And in
> return we get to use that software and do with it what ever else we want.
Agree, the inquiry about free testing devices was just a minor note
about one effort
on how to include the community.

> Having seen over the past year and a half what a massive task this has been,
> I also realize now that we could only have gotten where we are with a very
> coordinated and highly structured effort by the canonical people to
> jumpstart it.
Sure, but I think if they really want expand and create the a similar atmosphere
around it as the desktop operating system they should try to work closer
with the the community.

> So if you perhaps want to look at helping out, you may want to check out
> http://community.ubuntu.com/contribute/
My comments was specifically regarding the Phone efforts.

--
-mvh Oliver Propst