Re: Friends has vanished!

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Sam Bull <sam.hacking@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On ĵaŭ, 2014-07-17 at 22:37 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
>> friends was not well maintained anymore, so it was removed from the image
>
> Are we going to get a decent replacement, or do I have to use the webapp
> from now on?

Friends had a large number of Hard Problems that we weren't confident
we could solve before RTM, therefore it was decided to remove it from
the phone, which is an issue we can revisit for 15.04 if there's
enough interest in reviving it and solving its problems.

For now, and through RTM, webapps are the official way of accessing
social media sites on the Ubuntu Phone.