Re: Friends has vanished!

On Tuesday, July 22, 2014, Sam Bull <sam.hacking@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On mar, 2014-07-22 at 14:42 +0100, Dave Morley wrote:
> > > If I close and reopen the webapp, I'm back at the login screen. It
> > > won't remember my login at all.
> >
> > Twitter is the only app that doesn't remember my login and the way
> > round that is to select Remember Me on the whole that fixes it.
> >

> There's no remember me option. The only things on the screen are
> username, password, sign in, sign up, and forgot password.
>
> And, some really weird behaviour I just discovered. I can click the
> twitter icon at the top left of the page, and it appears to log me into
> the feed for about 2 seconds before sending me back to the login screen.
> It's possible that it was showing the cached view and not actually
> logging me in, but still some weird behaviour.

Sounds like you have a nasty old auth cookie that's got duff permissions.

I have two devices (one devel and one proposed) which are both signed into
the twitter webapp and very rarely have I had to sign in again. Probably
some weeks pass as you'd expect, but haven't timed it.

Al.

--
Alan Pope
Technical Project Manager