SDK Team status update - 23.07

Hi all,

The Last two weeks were eventful for the SDK team in both negative and positive way.

The release of the SDK Tools for LTS users is slow due to a strengthened validation process. Our trunk is built and primarily tested on Utopic, once it gets green light from the CI Train we start the validation in a dedicated dogfooding PPA (ppa:ubuntu-sdk-team/tools-development) and when it is verified I push the packages to the SDK PPA. With this three staged release and verification process we can make sure that we do not break the SDK om Trusty, but it is heavy and slow. Sorry for that.

The UITK autolanding was blocked by two problems:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1328600
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1329141

Both of these bugs are fixed and the fix is now proposed for landing.

The status in more details ->

SDK Tools - QtCreator plugins
About to land on the SDK PPA
- Add the inspector flag for debugging html5 apps in desktop file template Fixes: 1341893
 - Proper run support for HTML and webcontainer projects
 - Handle package names with spaces correctly
 - Cover plugin validation, chroot and emulator creaton autopilot tests
 - Correct list of available frameworks based on the toolchain they use
 - Consisten application deployment on emulator/device/desktop
- Enable deployment of apps with 14.10 UITK components on 14.04 with the help of click chroots
 - Deployment of Scope projects on emulator and devices

UI Toolkit
 - Use memory alarm backend for API/ deployment and don't warn about it
 - Updateed text selection and cursor to blue
 - New sizes for icons and touch areas in header.
 - Workaround for large-timestamp autopilot bug
 - Various design tweaks:
    - Update CheckBox/Switch colors
    - Use new header by default in UITK gallery
    - Add margins for left and rightmost buttons in header
    - Updateed font sizes
    - New colors to UbuntuColors
- Don't automatically close a Panel when the user presses next to it, and update Panel position when its height changes.
 - Support sections in header divider.
- Reset item state if the cancelItemRemoval() function was called after the item be removed.
 - RotationAnimator fixed for desktop apps
 - A boolean property added to allow hiding the ProgressBar label.
- Examples to Actions, backAction and fixed the contents example in the PageHeadConfiguration.
 - Simulate the supported devices on gallery autopilot tests.

cheers,

Zoltan