Re: Landing team 28.07.14

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 10:24 PM, Selene Scriven <
selene.scriven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> * Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak <lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Even though we had high hopes for a promotion today, sadly this
> > was not possible...
>
> We had hoped for 155 to fix the current critical issues, but a
> new issue popped up instead.  The new issue was a build process
> issue, not a code change, and it resulted in using mesa libraries
> instead of hardware GL.  This then prevents the GUI from
> starting, making the phone totally unusable.
>
> An attempt was made to fix it for image 156, but it seems there
> was more than one cause and not all of them were fixed.  So,
> image 156 has the same issue.
>
> The immediate symptoms can be worked around by changing one
> symlink and running ldconfig, but the root cause is much more
> complicated and could take a while to resolve properly.  We'll
> probably be using an incomplete fix for at least a few days while
> things get fully resolved.
>
>   /etc/alternatives/arm-linux-gnueabihf_mirclientplatform_conf
>   should link to
>   /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mir/clientplatform/android/ld.so.conf
>   , not to
>   /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mir/clientplatform/mesa/ld.so.conf
>
> However, after that link is fixed, the rest of the image is
> looking pretty good.  The mediascanner issue appears to be fixed,
> or at least I can see and play media files again.  IIRC, that was
> the main issue we were hoping to fix in image 155, it it looks
> like the fix worked.

thanks for the update Selene, bummer... on the bright side though.. happy
to read the image appears to be OK once the link is fixed.

Is there a way to force the symlink to the right target via some override
at the end of the image creation as a stop gap until the underlying issue
is resolved?
What are suggested mitigation steps to get us off traincon-0 so we can land
the currently queued silos and everything that was targeting this Thursdays
beta freeze?

thx,
Olli