Re: Landing team 28.07.14

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 10:31:45PM -0600, Oliver Ries wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 10:24 PM, Selene Scriven <
> selene.scriven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >   /etc/alternatives/arm-linux-gnueabihf_mirclientplatform_conf
> >   should link to
> >   /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mir/clientplatform/android/ld.so.conf
> >   , not to
> >   /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mir/clientplatform/mesa/ld.so.conf

> > However, after that link is fixed, the rest of the image is
> > looking pretty good.  The mediascanner issue appears to be fixed,
> > or at least I can see and play media files again.  IIRC, that was
> > the main issue we were hoping to fix in image 155, it it looks
> > like the fix worked.

> thanks for the update Selene, bummer... on the bright side though.. happy
> to read the image appears to be OK once the link is fixed.

> Is there a way to force the symlink to the right target via some override
> at the end of the image creation as a stop gap until the underlying issue
> is resolved?

Yes, but any such forcing is categorically worse (and no simpler to
implement) than just making sure we don't have the extra packages installed
in the image to begin with.

> What are suggested mitigation steps to get us off traincon-0 so we can land
> the currently queued silos and everything that was targeting this Thursdays
> beta freeze?

156 had a failed attempt to fix this.  157 is building now and applies the
fix we were already planning to apply tomorrow to fix it more permanently.
So there should be a viable candidate image for testing by the time Europe
starts in.

slangasek@xxxxxxxxxx                                     vorlon@xxxxxxxxxx