porting, system.img, questions

Hello,
I'm trying to port to the asus tf201 and I have a couple of questions.
I managed to compile and produce a system.img file for the asus tf201.  How
can I make this into a flashable zip?  It doesn't look like make bacon
works anymore.
I created a zip by taking one that works from cm-11 and replacing the
system folder in it with the one in my $OUT folder which does flash and
replace  the /system partition but I feel like the permissions are messed
up or something because I can't su or run dmesg.

should I just flash the system partition from fastboot?

Also if anyone knows where I can read up on enabling last_kmsg I would
appreciate it.

Respectfully,
Taylor Wagner

Follow ups