Re: Preferred Settings API for Ubuntu apps

The Qt.labs API definitely seems simpler, and has the advantage of
being compatible with other Qt-supported platforms.  On the other
hand, the propose Ubuntu Settings API has the added advantage of being
able to specify persistence and syncing on a per-group basis.

Would it be possible for the Ubuntu Settings to simply wrap the
Qt.labs.Settings and add the persistence and sync properties?  That
way developers can target it without having to change anything else in
their app, and also giving us the option of continuing that component
if upstream drops Qt.labs.Settings, of if it becomes official and
changes namespace we can simply update our component, app developers
wouldn't have to do anything.

Michael Hall
mhall119@xxxxxxxxxx