Re: Toolbar will be disabled by default!

Yes, you are right. I marked the "tools" property as deprecated in the Page
documentation so it does not show up any more, but ToolbarItems and
ToolbarButton properties are still in the list of components and are not
marked as deprecated. I will fix that in the documentation. Thanks for
reporting it :)

All the bottom edge support that we have in Ubuntu.Components right now is
the Panel component, see
http://developer.ubuntu.com/api/qml/sdk-14.10/Ubuntu.Components.Panel/

That component is pretty basic because we are focusing on finishing other
things first (like adding all the required features to the new header), and
we like to give app developers full freedom in implementing behaviors that
we didn't even think of for the bottom edge. I have already seen some
pretty cool stuff in the dialer app and messaging app, and I've seen some
 good work on the music-app bottom edge. So use your creativity to come up
with bottom-edge behaviors for your own apps, and you can implement them
with or without using the Panel component. If you get stuck, there are
people in #ubuntu-app-devel who already worked on bottom-edge so tehy may
be able to help out.

Greets,
Tim.