Landing team 08.08.14

Hello everyone!

Image promotion! Yes! After a very hard and tiring battle (really), we
were finally able to get rid of all the most serious blockers and pass
the dogfooding criteria. Image #179 will most probably land in the devel
channel in the nearest minutes. It was a rough ride, but we somehow
managed. Thanks go to all the brave souls fighting at our side.

What features to expect in this image? It is a bit late so I'll be even
more brief than before, but:
 - The new QtCompositor! Wow! Much improvement! Such compositor!
 - Dropped Qt4 components from the images
 - Password locking
 - On screen keyboard visual enhancements for autocorrection
 - Ubuntu UI Toolkit visual changes
 - Dash as an application
 - Location service now acting as a trusted service
 - Dual sim support for network indicator
 - Many fixes, many enhancements and everything in overall

Please see the detailed commit logs for more information.

So, this basically also means we're no longer in TRAINCON-0 (as per the
other announcement). Do not worry about the failing camera-app tests in
smoketesting, as the fix for those is already in the store - we just did
not want to wait and block any longer for it to be available for image
build.

Goodnight everyone!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/179.commitlog
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/178.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

#178 mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/178:20140808:20140805.2/9562/

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/

(See the issues dashboard for always up-to-date blocker status)

* Blocking issues:

None!

* Known issues:

** mtp-server crash when transferring music on #15
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1317263
 -> Very old bug but gains on importance in the upcoming days

** U-S-S sluggish after some hours, high CPU
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1337200
 -> This issue needs help debugging and identifying

** In about Phone if you select OS hit back and select something else
that goes to a new page it crashes the app
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1349326

** Apps are extremely laggy as of emulator image >=165
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1351048

** [emulator] bottom edge swipe broken
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1351097
[WHITELISTED]
 -> Issue more or less identified. In case the fix takes too long this
bug might be temporarily whitelisted.

** GPS checkbox doesn't stay checked
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1352930

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** unity8 crashed with SIGSEGV in
mir::frontend::ClientBufferTracker::client_has()
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1339610
[Time counter 23/7]
[WHITELISTED]
 -> This problem has caused some rare test failures in smoketesting,
rarely reproducible it seems. Is this still valid? Might be related to
one of our blockers.

** test_note_focus_on_second_click_outside failed on mako #159
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1350361
[Time counter 7/7]
 -> Reproducible locally but since notes-app will be soon deprecated it
is not a blocker

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak