Re: USB Tethering now available with image 181

On Monday 11 August 2014 12:01:59 Oliver Grawert wrote:
> Am Montag, den 11.08.2014, 11:52 +0200 schrieb Nekhelesh Ramananthan:
> > Hi,
> >

> > Woohoo USB Tethering!
> >
> >         I guess it would makes sense to have such an option on the
> >         developer
> >         mode page (and have it similarly tied to the password mode as
> >         the
> >         developer mode toggle switch will be)
> >
> > I think it is more appropriate for it to be in the wifi and cellular
> > settings panel since it is not uncommon for a user to try
> > usb-tethering imho.
> >

> > I guess we can wait to see what design we get for this.
>
> the prob is that mtp and tethering are mutually exclusive ... its either
> or ... nt sure we want to have the switch to enable mtp in teh wlan
> settings :)
>
> perhaps a specific USB mode section makes sense ... but yeah, let design
> come up with something :)

My previous phones used to pop up a dialog upon USB data connection which
asked about using the USB connection as "Mass Storage mode", "SDK mode" or "PC
Suite mode". To day I'm still not exactly sure what the difference between SDK
mode and PC suite mode was, it seems both would just open up a TCP/IP
connection over USB and allow tethering/ssh/whatnot, but anyways, point is,
the dialog was popping up every time you'd connect USB but defaulting the
previous selection if ignored. I kinda liked that.

Cheers,
Michael