Re: Core Apps update

On martes 12 de agosto de 2014 07h'15:12 ART, Mitchell Reese wrote:
Wow... very impressed by the recent 185 devel-proposed build... getting very slick. I particularly like the 'Manage Dash' swipe up action - smooth. I hope there's some implementation coming where we can customise our 'favourite' scopes on the home screens.

Anyway, on to bugs. On the latest image:

  * Issue with the keyboard deleting text across multiple apps. This is
    a long standing bug. Problem seems to be with blank space. I.e.,
    backspace on virtual keyboard works fine with letter & numbers,
    however if it is deleting a blank space it has issues. Have noticed
    text from the lines below getting deleted - very frustrating. I've
    noticed this in various apps - Project Dashboard, Quick Memo, the
    default Notes app. Seems to be a bug in the keyboard code. Extremely
    irritating!
  * The dialer works fine when first opened, but after switching to
    other apps it intermittently hides the 'Settings' and 'Contact'
    buttons on the top right hand side.

I noticed this too on the latest builds.

  * When sharing a picture with Facebook, my comments are cut short.
    Works, but looks odd.
  * Replying to text messages through the incoming indicator is buggy -
    long messages don't seem to send.

This happens when the message has been laying there for too long too.

  * Haven't been able to connect via usb tethering - running 'adb shell
    android-gadget-service enable rndis' makes the indicator icon change
    on my laptop, but it times out after about a minute. Am running
    Ubuntu 14.04 - no dice.

Apart form that, very slick! Looking forward to seeing the next few builds.

MItchell

That said; I think the terminology for these is system apps and not core apps which popey was asking for feedback.

Care to log bugs for these?