Re: What's the right way to get "qmlscene" to work out of the box?

On miércoles 13 de agosto de 2014 10h'01:17 ART, Michael Zanetti wrote:
On Wednesday 13 August 2014 12:13:34 Timo Jyrinki wrote:
We could survive a bit longer by distro patching qtchooser (another
workaround), but I feel that eventually we'd like to have more control
on the QML app startups

For the Ubuntu specific new wrapper, discussion can continue on
ubuntu-phone.

Hmm... What is the reason for not doing it like all the rest of the Qt world does it? That is, having the SDK template generate a minimalistic main.cpp and a qtquickapplicationviewer.cpp which does the adaption for the platform. Now that the SDK seems to handle compilation just fine IMO that would be the best option. Also considering that in case we need to update something in there, qtcreator already features a mechanism to automatically update just that part.

Only benefit I see is to be architecture all.

Additional benefits would be to only have a binary to run instead of exporting paths, choosing some QQuickView wrapper and fiddling around with qml file paths on the command line.

Br,
Michael