Re: How to query the type of device in use?

On Wed, 2014-08-13 at 22:49 +0100, Bruno Girin wrote:

> Could it test for hardware features rather than form factor? E.g.
> display "About this device" by default and only display "About this
> phone" when the device in question has telephony hardware? Of course
> this logic may completely fall apart on tablets and laptops that have
> a built in 3G/4G adapter.

Or when an abundance of VoIP apps exist in the world and can be
available on Ubuntu. Just because it doesn't have a GSM radio with the
voice protocol enabled, doesn't mean it can't make phone calls.

Unfortunately I can't think of anything better than "device" since we
don't control the hardware.