Re: How to query the type of device in use?

On 13/08/14 22:55, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-08-13 at 22:49 +0100, Bruno Girin wrote:
>
>> Could it test for hardware features rather than form factor? E.g.
>> display "About this device" by default and only display "About this
>> phone" when the device in question has telephony hardware? Of course
>> this logic may completely fall apart on tablets and laptops that have
>> a built in 3G/4G adapter.

How will Unity decide which form factor to use? Could the same method be
employed here?
Alternatively, what about allowing the user to decide a form factor
(with auto-detected defaults) and using the chosen form for the settings?
i.e. About this phone/tablet/computer

Matt