ANNOUNCEMENT: Landers! CI Train redeployed to support the RTM distribution + more

Hello everyone!

IMPORTANT! LANDERS, PLEASE READ!

So, as mentioned in our yesterdays landing e-mail, we have now switched
the CI Train in preparation for RTM support. The transition took a
little bit longer than we expected so we apologize for all the
inconveniences. Both the backend and frontend should now be good to go.

What changed?

1. Whenever a new landing is added there is a new column that needs to
be filled from now on. The column name is "Target distribution". From
the drop-down menu you can currently select one from "ubuntu/utopic",
"ubuntu/trusty" and "ubuntu-rtm/14.09". "ubuntu/utopic" is the default.
The first part always corresponds to the distribution being targeted -
ubuntu-rtm is the RTM-related distribution. The second corresponds to
the series.

So, in all normal cases this column should be set to "ubuntu/utopic".
But now if you want to land a trusty SRU or something for RTM, just
choose the right value there.

2. The jenkins job names now changed according to the new distro-aware
scheme. If you're using the CI Train Dashboard [1] you should be fine,
as this UI has been re-targeted accordingly. In case you are using
jenkins jobs directly, the job names now changed from for instance
landing-001-1-build to ubuntu-landing-001-1-build, so the pattern is:

distro-landing-xxx- instead of landing-xxx-

3. Not related to RTM-enablement. Now, whenever you want to switch your
silo to 'Tested: Yes', you will notice that the Yes choice looks like this:

"Yes (#)"

The reason for that is that now we will require for you to give the
image-number (if applicable) of the image you have used during testing.
During the last weeks we had a few problems related to landings being
tested on older images, therefore leading to some regressions.
So, please include the image number alongside the # sign, e.g.:

"Yes (#188)"

That should be all the visible changes for the CI Train.

Remember that even though we have tested the backend last week on
preproduction, things might still be a bit broken! So whenever you
encounter any glitches or errors, please give us a sign. And, of course,
we apologize just in case those happen.

[1] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/

Best regards,

--