Re: ownCloud app.

On Monday 18 August 2014 22:19:32 Alberto Mardegan wrote:
> On 08/18/2014 10:12 PM, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> >> This is how I think this could be done, and please feel free to come
> >
> >> forward if you have any ideas to make it better:
> > For what it's worth, click packages do not have dependencies, so
> > splitting the plug-in and the app may not be all that useful. I'm not
> > really sure what the best solution to this problem is though, as having
> > every app which wants to use an account on an arbitrary web service
> > provide their own copy of an online-accounts plug-in is not a great
> > solution.
>
> I think we could add the account plugins into the base system as they
> become popular.

That would be awesome.

As Renato told me, google sync works using sync-monitor [1] which installs the
sync profiles for google (and some for yahoo). It would seem like it should be
enough to just add such config files for owncloud because in the end the
actual sync protocol is the same (CardDav/CalDAV). I failed to get things
appearing in online accounts on a first try and couldn't find the time yet to
have a closer look. So if anyone wants to take a shot in this direction in the
meantime it'd be great.

Br,
Michael

[1] https://launchpad.net/sync-monitor