Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Landing team - RTM landings now officially open!

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 10:46 PM, Pat McGowan <pat.mcgowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> The idea is to land in utopic first and then copy the source+binaries to
>> an rtm silo for retesting; and if the changes actually require a rebuild due
>> to the nature of the divergent paths of the archives, push the source
>> package with a backport look a like version tag (e.g.;
>> $upstream-$packaging~rtm1).
>

> Isn't this an option we could automate, add a flag to the spreadsheet to do
> the rtm silo after the utopic silo is published? I expect this is the 90%
> use case so lets optimize for it.

The _after_ is not really true as I pointed out in my other mail.

We have duplicated silos available, so for each utopic silo you should
also have one you can use in paralell for ubuntu-rtm, so in most cases
you can just request two silos for your landing and have those prepped
in parallel. Just publishing needs to be serialized so we can
guarantee integrity.