Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Landing team - RTM landings now officially open!

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 5:46 PM, Pat McGowan <pat.mcgowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> The idea is to land in utopic first and then copy the source+binaries to
>> an rtm silo for retesting; and if the changes actually require a rebuild due
>> to the nature of the divergent paths of the archives, push the source
>> package with a backport look a like version tag (e.g.;
>> $upstream-$packaging~rtm1).
>
> Isn't this an option we could automate, add a flag to the spreadsheet to do
> the rtm silo after the utopic silo is published? I expect this is the 90%
> use case so lets optimize for it.

There's really no reason why this can't be automated.

If an extra QA is needed, then we could just automate everything but
the QA sign-off. The manual process to request another landing,
waiting to get a silo, building and then waiting QA to sign off is
just unreal.

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo