Re: ownCloud app.

First of all: Great to see an owncloud project for ubuntu touch. I know
that very many people will be looking out for this one.

Except that Owncloud syncs files as well as calendar & contacts. There
would need to be some way to choose which folders were going to be synced.
I'm guessing this will require some kind of front end.

Agreed! For example: a very usefull feature of the android app from
owncloud allows instant upload of any pictures and vids you take. True,
this is essentially a sync folder too but it will have to be configured
somewhere. I can't imagine doing that in any other place than an owncloud
app.
So -in my mind- equal to the android version, this owncloud client will
primarily deal with file sync and exchange.

Cheers

Mat