Re: Updates on RTM branch landing details

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 9:33 PM, Rodney Dawes
<rodney.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-08-26 at 19:11 +0200, Alexander Sack wrote:
>> 1. SRCCOPY from utopic silo to RTM silo landing option AVAILABLE
>> This wasn't clearly announced, but has been done successfully at least
>> twice and I think it should eliminate a big concern of requiring teams
>> to maintain two branches just to deliver the same code into two
>> baselines. It was discussed on IRC, but since you might not have
>> gotten it, here the good news that it is official: YES, YOU CAN DO
>> SRC-COPIES from the utopic silo into the ubuntu-rtm silo WITHOUT TWO
>> BRANCHES for your tree.
>>
>> The way this works for now is that you just have your trunk and if you
>> want to keep this in sync on both sides, you just fill in your landing
>> in the spreadsheet. Unless you state otherwise when requesting the
>> silo, the LT will by default do the RTM silo for you; remember to
>> explicitely opt out from this option if you don't want your landing to
>> go into RTM branch to avoid busy work on LT side and unnecessary silo
>> allocation. sil2100 and robru will help and guide you through your
>> initial landings while we work to make this a built-in feature to our
>> loved spreadsheet :).
>
> If the changes are already in utopic, but we do not expect any further
> changes on a package, thus it won't get a silo through normal activity,
> what is the recommended way to get it synced to ubuntu-rtm, as it's
> clear this won't happen automatically by the landing team?

Thanks for bringing this up. In case you landed stuff in utopic only
that was supposed to also go into RTM and you didn't plan to diverge
your trunk for rtm and utopic, just approach the landing team, request
a landing team and request a landing of those packages already in
utopic and they will help you get that staged in an ubuntu-rtm silo.
>From there business as usual: test, qa sign off, land, done!

If you landed in utopic please ensure the stuff you also wanted to
land in RTM gets into that branch this way! Hope that clarifies things
and helps you to catch up things in RTM branch!

Thanks!

 - Alexander