RTM Landers - help us help you land things faster!

Hello Ubuntu Touch Landers!

Our QA  RTM branch testing team are hard at work testing the silos due to
land in RTM, but there are a few common problems we’re facing. If you’re
landing things in RTM, please read the rest of this email, and help us help
you get things landed faster.

   -

   Please be aware that things landing in RTM need to be tested on an RTM
   image before setting ‘testing done’ to ‘Yes’.

   -

   Please make sure that your test plan is linked from the Silo’s
   spreadsheet entry, and that the link works.

   -

   Please make sure that the test plan is up-to-date, including the manual
   tests (if any) that are required to test this latest change. Please make
   sure it includes _how_ run your tests, as well as which tests to run.

   -

   If appropriate, please link bug reports or merge proposals, or any other
   document that might give us a better idea of what it is we’re looking at.

Several silos have suffered from the problems mentioned above, which means
we spend time on a silo that we then can’t test. This slows us down, which
in turn means things don't get landed as fast as they could. In order to
help us land things as quickly as possible, please make sure your silo
meta-data is in order before asking for a QA sign off!

If you have any questions, or you’re not sure whether your silo spreadsheet
entry has all the relevant details, please don’t hesitate to contact the QA
team (although I think the above should be self-explanatory).

Thanks,

--
Thomi Richards
thomi.richards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx