Landing team 01.09.14

Hello everyone!

A new month with new possibilities. But since today was an US holiday
many upstream developers were away from their computers, many blockers
could not be moved. We have used today to assess the current image
situation and fill in bugs for most important blocker items. The blocker
list has increased because of that, sadly.

Anyway, it is about time to finally get rid of our blockers. Everyone,
let's please prioritize working on those ASAP! We'll be poking you much
more tomorrow, but some of those are even stalling further development
for certain projects.
For instance bug number LP: #1363314 [1] is causing all CI to fail for
music-app merges, halting any new changes (and fixes - one of which is
very important) from getting into our images.

We also couldn't get full smoketesting results because of the hanging
reminders-app test suite. We have decided to temporarily work-around it
to unblock smoketesting, but the bug needs to be fixed with top-priority
anyway.

We have also started listing commitlogs for RTM images - sadly, for now,
only for krillin ubuntu-rtm images. Others might be coming soon.

For now, the list - more additions soon:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/213.commitlog
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/212.commitlog

#9 krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/9.commitlog
#8 krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/8.commitlog
#7 krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/7.commitlog
#6 krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/6.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

N/A

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

(See the issues dashboard for always up-to-date blocker status)

* Blocking issues:

** Sometimes input breaks and only edges are responsive
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1295623
 => Merge requests present

** upstart can race with cgmanager when using remove-on-empty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1357252
 => Merge requests present
 -> We have been told to only whitelist this for one promotion, so now
it's a blocker. Currently the archive has the u-a-l revert (no cgroups
support), but it seems to be a crucial feature.

** Seekbar tests are skiped only on nexus 4 and 5
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1359040
 => Merge requests present

** Location trust service is not started on image 203
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1359866
 -> No movement here yet.

** Can't manually install clicks "Signature verification error" since #205
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1360582
[Time counter 5/7]
 => Merge requests present
 -> Landing reverted. Packagekit changes landed, now only UITK changes
need to happen.

** dragging files in nautilus onto an SD card does not work
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1361181
[Time counter 5/7]

** maliit-server no longer restarted after welcome wizard
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1362679

** [1] App fails to launch on up-to-date utopic desktop
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1363314
 -> Might be related to bug LP: #1363653

** Most formats don't seem to play - AVI/MOV/WebM/OGV, only MP4 plays
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1363653

** Indicator is completely empty and doesn't go green on tranfers
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1363906

* Known issues:

** Video freezes and doesn't recover randomly
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1314998
 -> Seems to be an old issue, but recently became much more easily
reproducible. Normally it would becone a blocker.

** In about Phone if you select OS hit back and select something else
that goes to a new page it crashes the app
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1349326
 -> A possible blocker, but QA for now decided not to block on a fix for it

** mallit server running 100% cpu after launching osk in welcome wizard
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1363207
 -> Might become a blocker if confirmed by QA. If not, it will disappear
from the list.

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** unity8 crashed with SIGSEGV in
mir::frontend::ClientBufferTracker::client_has()
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1339610
[Time counter 39/7]
[WHITELISTED]
 -> This problem has caused some rare test failures in smoketesting,
rarely reproducible it seems. Is this still valid? Might be related to
one of our blockers.

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

** indicator-network crashing during dialer-app and default tests on
smoketesting
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1355130
[Time counter 15/7]
[WHITELISTED]
 -> Reproducible all the time, no movement in over 7 days. Might be
whitelisted as per QA decision (as practically it does not affect the
users).

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak