Re: Help is needed

Hi Oli !

Thanks for the informations.

I fixed it with the workaround, this way is ok for me and it is good to know ;)

Very helpful !

Regards
Christian

Am 2014-09-03 09:41, schrieb Oliver Grawert:
hi,
Am Dienstag, den 02.09.2014, 23:00 +0200 schrieb Christian Mahlig:
Hello !

On current apt upgrade i get the following error:

Unpacking lxc-android-config (0.194) over (0.193) ...
dpkg: error processing archive
/var/cache/apt/archives/lxc-android-config_0.194_all.deb (--unpack):
 unable to make backup link of `./lib/udev/rules.d/70-android.rules'
before installing new version: Invalid cross-device link

I don't know how i can fix it. Can anybody help me ?

sadly you can not fix it, due to the nature of our system images where
writable bits are available via bind mounts into a writable partition
and the design of dpkg to use hard links when replacing an existing file
(hard links can not be used across partitions) some existing files are
not replaceable during an upgrade.

a workaround by installing the deb for such packages (there are more)
from recovery is at [1] ... if you run "sudo apt-get -f install" after
the reboot into your system, apt and dpkg should be fine again.

(note also that while we support installation of packages via apt, we
currently dont really support upgrades through it on system image
installs)

ciao
	oli

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Testing/lxc-android-config