Landing team 03.09.14

Hi everyone,

Chasing down blockers continues. We still seem to be blocked regarding
merge processing for core-app click projects, but the right people are
working at getting it back to shape. The music-app not being able to
launch on desktop issue has been fixed by the recent revert, so only
this issue remains that blocks us from the core-app development side.

Most other blockers have merges waiting for release or review, so pretty
soon we should be clear for a promotion. The QA team performed some
exploratory testing on the latest ubuntu-rtm image and it seems that no
new regressions have been introduced in the meantime - excellent!
Also, the quality of ubuntu-rtm images increased again. Let's keep up
the good work!

In case we won't be able to get a promotable image tomorrow we might
think about going into a so-called TRAINCON-1. It is a new mode that
will be a 'prelude' to TRAINCON-0. As proposed by Alexander, in this
mode landings that touch components that have blockers need to be landed
with extra care, i.e. requiring QA sign-off if not fixing any blockers.
It will allow everyone normally landing their things besides the ones
that need to concentrate on blockers. It's just a proposition though, so
we might not decide on that - but just prefer to give an earlier heads up.

Please check the blocker list below in the meantime:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/220.commitlog
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/219.commitlog

#13 krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/13.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

#220 mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/220:20140903.1:20140903.1/10191/
#219 mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/219:20140903:20140811.1/10170/

* Blocking issues:

** Sometimes input breaks and only edges are responsive
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1295623
 => Merge requests present

** upstart can race with cgmanager when using remove-on-empty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1357252
 => Merge requests present
 -> We have been told to only whitelist this for one promotion, so now
it's a blocker. Currently the archive has the u-a-l revert (no cgroups
support), but it seems to be a crucial feature.

** Seekbar tests are skiped only on nexus 4 and 5
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1359040
 => Merge requests present

** Location trust service is not started on image 203
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1359866
 -> No movement here yet.

** Can't manually install clicks "Signature verification error" since #205
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1360582
[Time counter 7/7]
 => Merge requests present
 -> Landing reverted. Packagekit changes landed, now only UITK changes
need to happen.

** dragging files in nautilus onto an SD card does not work
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1361181
[Time counter 7/7]

** maliit-server no longer restarted after welcome wizard
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1362679
 => Merge requests present

** App fails to launch on up-to-date utopic desktop
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1363314
[Time counter 2/7]
 => Merge requests present
 -> Waiting for this to get confirmed as not affecting anyone anymore.
The desktop team identified thumbnailer introducing this problem, and
this has been now reverted.

* Known issues:

** Video freezes and doesn't recover randomly
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1314998
 -> Seems to be an old issue, but recently became much more easily
reproducible. Normally it would becone a blocker.

** In about Phone if you select OS hit back and select something else
that goes to a new page it crashes the app
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1349326
 -> A possible blocker, but QA for now decided not to block on a fix for it

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** unity8 crashed with SIGSEGV in
mir::frontend::ClientBufferTracker::client_has()
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1339610
[Time counter 41/7]
[WHITELISTED]
 -> This problem has caused some rare test failures in smoketesting,
rarely reproducible it seems. Is this still valid? Might be related to
one of our blockers.

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

** indicator-network crashing during dialer-app and default tests on
smoketesting
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1355130
[Time counter 17/7]
[WHITELISTED]
 -> Reproducible all the time, no movement in over 7 days. Might be
whitelisted as per QA decision (as practically it does not affect the
users).

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak