Re: Help is needed

Hi Oli, hi Christian!

(My first post on this list - I hope this goes into the right thread.)
I experienced the same problem yesterday, tried to repair it and made
it even worse (deinstalled lxc-android-config_0.193 partially) so that
the apt-get install -f workaround did not work anymore.
Just in case someone else get stuck like that: you may unpack the deb
file, delete lib/udev/rules.d/70-android.rules, repack it again and
install it. Dirty - hopefully this file will never change... >)

Btw. I've read
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ImageBasedUpgrades/ExtraPackageInstallation
and thought if it would be possible/considerable/feasible to:
- install extra packages somewhere outside the image (/data/local?)
- keep only one dpkg-database outside the image for everything
- keep the db in sync by appropriate operations whenever the image is
  updated

Unmet depencies and conflicts would have to be resolved on the extra
package side, but that seems to be a general problem.
(Or would the "outsourcing of the dpkg-database" undermine the idea of
having identically devices too much?)

Just some crazy ideas...

Greetings
Johannes