Re: USB Tethering

On 05/09/14 19:07, Oliver Grawert wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 04.09.2014, 23:47 -0500 schrieb Victor Thompson:
I'm on image #223 now and it has an updated android-tools-adbd
package, but what I had to do to get USB tethering working again is to
add Lock Security to the device under System Settings > About this
phone > Developer mode > Lock security. Once a pin was added adb and
mtp started working again.

this is related to bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dbus-property-service/+bug/1365911

working on it today ...

ciao
	oli

Still can't get usb tethering working. Have tried this now on 2 Dell XPS laptops running 14.04. Keeps trying to connect, but keeps disconnecting - no dice as far as a connection goes. Am running devel-proposed 228 on mako, have enabled developer mode with a pin, and have run the code
"android-device-service enable rndis"
I've tried this both from adb shell and from the device itself. I can toggle mtp mode easily enough, but a usb connection eludes me.

Can someone please confirm whether this is working in 14.04 or 14.10? What do I need to do to debug this on 14.04?

Cheers,

Mitchell