Re: Landing team 11.09.14

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 10:53:03AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:

> > ** upstart can race with cgmanager when using remove-on-empty
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1357252
> >  => Merge requests present
> >  -> We have been told to only whitelist this for one promotion, so now
> > it's a blocker. Currently the archive has the u-a-l revert (no cgroups
> > support), but it seems to be a crucial feature.

> I think this might be fixed on the upstart side now?  Commented on the
> bug.  That said, the ubuntu-app-launch changes do not appear to have
> been reintroduced yet.

I think this needs to be taken off the list of "blockers" since it's not
blocking anything on the current images; the UAL changes were reverted.

We aren't quite ready to re-enable UAL support however; this bug was marked
fixed for cgmanager, but as was discussed on IRC the change in that version
of cgmanager is a no-op.  If I'm not mistaken, the real issue blocking the
reintroduction of UAL support is the addition of the new systemd APIs to
systemd-shim/cgmanager, which is tracked in bug #1355966.

slangasek@xxxxxxxxxx                                     vorlon@xxxxxxxxxx