Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Landing team - new guidelines for test reports!

Hey,

So regarding the first thing mentioned. We think that multiple testers
and devices can be introduced. So we think things like this are
acceptable, for instance:

Yes (#34 krillin sil2100,ogra)
or
Yes (#34 krillin,mako sil2100)
or
Yes (#34 krillin sil2100) (#233 mako ogra)
- in case 2 different people tested on 2 different devices.

As for the second one - it seems fine. As mentioned by Julien anything
for this is fine as long as it's easy to access and visible.

Cheers!

W dniu 12.09.2014 o 20:23, Julien Funk pisze:
> As long as the information is easy to attend, it should be fine no?
>
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 2:13 PM, Tony Espy <espy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 09/12/2014 01:07 PM, Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone!
>>>
>>> IMPORTANT! All landers please read on!
>>>
>>> So, as discussed with QA, we have new requirements regarding what
>>> information needs to be provided whenever a silo gets marked as tested
>>> by a lander. These new rules will allow QA engineers to have a better
>>> understanding how the testing has proceeded and who to contact when in
>>> any doubts.
>>>
>>> We are making some small changes to the information provided about silo
>>> testing to make the sign off process smoother and avoid confusion.
>>> First, you need to add two small details - the name of the tester and
>>> the device used for testing.
>>>

>> In many cases, we have multiple testers and devices involved, so this
>> might be "names" of the testers and "devices" ( w/image #s of course ).
>>
>>  Second, it is recommended that you add comments on the testing that was
>>> done for your silo in the 'Test plans' field. Note that if you just list
>>> a test plan without further comment it will be assumed that *every* test
>>> in the test plan was run and passed - so please use the field as an
>>> opportunity to note any tests that were not run for whatever reason, or
>>> failed because of an existing bug.
>>>

>> How 'bout a short summary in the 'Test Plans' field with maybe a link
>> and/or reference to a more detailed testing summary?
>>
>> Ex.
>>
>> For test results see: merge proposals x,y, and z.
>>
>> For a more concrete example, see:
>>
>> https://code.launchpad.net/~phablet-team/ofono/lp1363413/+merge/233434
>>
>> Trying to jam such details into a spreadsheet column feels a bit cramped...
>>
>> Regards,
>> /tony
>>

>>> So, in short, when a silo has been tested by a lander, please switch the
>>> 'Testing pass?' field to:
>>> e.g.