disable mobile data from indicators

Hi all

I was wondering : Why it isn't possible to disable data from the network
indicator ? Probably with a switch button that offer the choice between
no data or data activated (with the last data activated state (2g only
or 2G,3G,4G).

I ask that because this is the first setting to change to save battery,
and probably one of the most used. I think it's stupid to go to the
settings app for the most common action (and very frustrating). Of
course, the question also apply for the battery setting page (that
already contain Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth and brightness settings).

Kévin

Follow ups