Landing team 23.09.14

Hi everyone,

We almost had an image promoted today for the ubuntu-rtm channel. Sadly
only 'almost'. Everything seemed to be ok but in the end QA noticed 2
blocking issues and decided not to give a +1 on the image. One problem
seems to be related to the video scope acting flaky, the other -
problems related to twitter.

Today was a very busy day in overall. Our utopic images were not booting
properly and many developers were working hard on finding the root
cause. In the end the issue was due to a package getting dropped from
our rootfs. This has been fixed and the new images should be working now.
We also most probably identified the offending landing that caused our
issues with smoketesting (as mentioned yesterday) - for this we have
reverted media-hub, qtubuntu-media and dbus-cpp in the RTM distro. We'll
see if this indeed helps once the next image testing finishes.
If that's confirmed, we will still need someone that knows the dbus-cpp
codebase to work on a fix as Thomas Voss is on vacation...

Besides that, as per announcement we have switched to doing binary
copies for sync silos by default now. Landers, please read the earlier
e-mail sent to this mailing list!

>From the landing perspective, there are still some important fixes
queued up. Today we have landed the new Mir and UITK to RTM, with a new
unity8 silo preparing to land soon.

For now, our list:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#252 utopic/mako
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/252.commitlog
#251 utopic/mako
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/251.commitlog

#57 14.09/krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/57.commitlog
#56 14.09/krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/56.commitlog
#55 14.09/krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/55.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#251 utopic/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/251:20140922.1:20140919.1/10637/
#53 14.09/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/mako/53:20140923.2:20140923/10663/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/TouchChannels

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

(See the issues dashboard for always up-to-date blocker status)

* Blocking issues:

** Sometimes suggestions fail to appear
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1365304
[Time counter 13/7]
 -> Whitelisting potential.

** Videos Scope is very flaky
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1373067
 -> The newly found issue, promoted to blocker by QA

* Known issues:

** Video freezes and doesn't recover randomly
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1314998
 -> Seems to be an old issue, but recently became much more easily
reproducible. Normally it would becone a blocker.

** Empty dash when pressing Ubuntu button in launcher while in the overview
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1370064

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

** indicator-network crashing during dialer-app and default tests on
smoketesting
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1355130
[Time counter 31/7]
[WHITELISTED]
 -> Reproducible all the time, no movement in over 7 days. Might be
whitelisted as per QA decision (as practically it does not affect the
users).

** Seekbar tests are skiped only on nexus 4 and 5
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1359040
 => Merge requests present
 -> Is this really a blocker? Comment needed.

**
unity8.indicators.tests.test_indicators.IndicatorExistsTestCase.test_indicator_exists
hangs on mako #245 #246
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1371454
 -> We might have the offending component...

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx