Re: Landing team 23.09.14

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 8:44 PM, Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
<lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
> only 'almost'. Everything seemed to be ok but in the end QA noticed 2
> blocking issues and decided not to give a +1 on the image. One problem
> seems to be related to the video scope acting flaky, the other -
> problems related to twitter.
>
> Today was a very busy day in overall. Our utopic images were not booting
> properly and many developers were working hard on finding the root
> cause. In the end the issue was due to a package getting dropped from
> our rootfs. This has been fixed and the new images should be working now.
> We also most probably identified the offending landing that caused our
> issues with smoketesting (as mentioned yesterday) - for this we have
> reverted media-hub, qtubuntu-media and dbus-cpp in the RTM distro. We'll
> see if this indeed helps once the next image testing finishes.
> If that's confirmed, we will still need someone that knows the dbus-cpp
> codebase to work on a fix as Thomas Voss is on vacation...
>
> Besides that, as per announcement we have switched to doing binary
> copies for sync silos by default now. Landers, please read the earlier
> e-mail sent to this mailing list!
>
> From the landing perspective, there are still some important fixes
> queued up. Today we have landed the new Mir and UITK to RTM, with a new
> unity8 silo preparing to land soon.
>
> For now, our list:
>

> * What landed in our images:
> http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/
>
> #252 utopic/mako
> - http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/252.commitlog
> #251 utopic/mako
> - http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/251.commitlog
>
> #57 14.09/krillin
> - http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/57.commitlog
> #56 14.09/krillin
> - http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/56.commitlog
> #55 14.09/krillin
> - http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/55.commitlog
>

> * Smoke-testing results:
> ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
> ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/
>
> #251 utopic/mako
> -
> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/251:20140922.1:20140919.1/10637/
> #53 14.09/mako
> -
> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/mako/53:20140923.2:20140923/10663/
>

> * Some useful documentation:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/TouchChannels
>
> http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
> http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
> https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
>
> (See the issues dashboard for always up-to-date blocker status)

I just confirmed the bug, and I don’t think it should be considered a
blocker: it has a very low probability of affecting users at all, and
if it ever does, it is easily and seamlessly recoverable (i.e. if the
suggestions don’t show up the first time, they will show up the second
time because the history model will have finished loading in the
meantime).