Landing team 24.09.14

Hello everyone,

A few important information bits for you today! First of all, we have
promoted a new image into the stable 14.09 (ubuntu-rtm) channel! Image
number #59 for krillin and #55 for mako (since we have different image
numbers for different platforms). Those are now available in the
ubuntu-touch/ubuntu-rtm/14.09 channel as image number #2. Feel free to
flash or update!

What to expect from the new image? Remember that what lands most of the
time are bugfixes that improve stability and/or performance:
 * Performance and bug fixes for dialer-app and messaging-app
 * Fixes for system-settings
 * Support for embedded artwork in music
 * Many different fixes for developer mode
 * New design of the ubuntu-keyboard
 * Location improvements
 * Fixes for Unity8 and QtMir
 * New Mir release (0.7.3)
 * Many many improvements and fixes for other components

Enjoy! And a reminder: use the ubuntu-rtm channels if you want to have
the most up-to-date and stable images. The utopic channel doesn't get as
much love as it did before.

While we're on that topic: sadly we cannot promote any image to the
utopic channel for now. We seem to be still haunted by the unity8 test
suite hanging caused by media-hub/dbus-cpp/gstreamer which is being
discussed on this mailing list as well.
We send out a call for help in getting to the bottom of this issue. We
cannot easily revert this landing and currently it is blocking some work
on both utopic and 14.09 (RTM). With Thomas Voss being away we also
don't have the main dbus-cpp maintainer around, which makes things a bit
harder to deal with.

Another quick info: since we were low on silos recently, we have decided
to allocate 10 additional silos per distribution. We are still waiting
for the PPAs to be properly set up with the right builders, but once
that's done we should have 30 silos in total per distro.
We hope this will be enough! Let's see if we'll have that done tomorrow.

Anyway, enough for today. The list:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#254 utopic/mako
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/254.commitlog
#253 utopic/mako
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/253.commitlog

#59 14.09/krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/59.commitlog
#58 14.09/krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/58.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#254 utopic/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/254:20140924:20140923.1/10675/
#54 14.09/mako (no results for #55 sadly...)
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/mako/54:20140924:20140923/10673/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/TouchChannels

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

(See the issues dashboard for always up-to-date blocker status)

* Blocking issues:

**
unity8.indicators.tests.test_indicators.IndicatorExistsTestCase.test_indicator_exists
hangs on mako #245 #246
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1371454
 -> A blocker currently, as it leads to both the archives being
out-of-sync, no unity8 test results and overall chaos

* Known issues:

** Empty dash when pressing Ubuntu button in launcher while in the overview
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1370064

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

** indicator-network crashing during dialer-app and default tests on
smoketesting
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1355130
[Time counter 32/7]
[WHITELISTED]
 -> Reproducible all the time, no movement in over 7 days. Might be
whitelisted as per QA decision (as practically it does not affect the
users).

** Seekbar tests are skiped only on nexus 4 and 5
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1359040
 => Merge requests present
 -> Is this really a blocker? Comment needed.

** Sometimes suggestions fail to appear
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1365304
[Time counter 14/7]
[WHITELISTED]