Re: 3 Bugs

Il 25/09/2014 17:49, Olga Kemmet ha scritto:
> When we restricted access to the launcher and indicators while
> passcode/passphrase is set, we received a lot of complains because
> people thought it is broken.
>
> Bottom line, it depends on the type of user what they want to do in the
> end. Security concerned people will have the option to switch access
> off, others might not be bothered at all. But if you are just booting up
> the phone and e.g. set up a simple passcode it is still nice to show
> what is available.

I agree with this, but while showing the launcher is generally not
harmful, the panel might be problematic in case of personal
notifications (email, tweets, messages) or events (like private
meetings); while I find that having the ability to quickly change some
settings might be useful.

So I think that in case of the panel, the content should have two
different policies: notification/events (invisible) and options (visible).