Re: New splash screen features

The idea of the image is not to fake the looks of the running
application (like a screenshot) but to be more like a traditional splash
screen image such as a big application logo or something.

Faking the running application with an image would require a more
sophisticated (complex!) approach as it would have to consider not only
the orientation (landscape vs. portrait) but also the screen aspect
ratio and maybe even its resolution. So we left this option out for now.
Should probably have made it more clear in the X-Ubuntu-Splash-Image
documentation.