Re: Bluez 5, PulseAudio 6, and ALSA 1.0.28

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 7:24 AM, David Henningsson
<david.henningsson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2014-09-17 15:23, Stephen M. Webb wrote:
>>
>> On 09/17/2014 08:08 AM, David Henningsson wrote:
>>>
>>> I suspect we want the ofono backend on Ubuntu Touch and native on the
>>> desktop (right?). We need to deal with this somehow.
>>

>> Yes, because there's only one Ubuntu archive.  Compile-time selection is
>> not an option.
>
> Without promising anything, maybe we could ship two binary packages, one
> pulse-module-bluetooth (for the native backend) and one
> pulse-module-bluetooth-ofono, and those two would be mutually exclusive.

If possible, that would be desirable.

We also need to change our droid module to handle the HFP/HSP changes,
but I don't think that will be much.

But I think the plan is fine as is, just wonder if we should first
migrate to Pulseaudio 5 (with bluez 4) and then 6, or just switch to 6
directly once released.

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo