Scopes questions

Hi all,

I started playing around with scopes and have run into a few questions. If there's a better place to ask about this, please let me know. Otherwise:

1) Is it possible to delay a query until the user hits "Enter"? Or failing that, until a second or so has passed from the last key stroke? I'm experimenting with a service that rate-limits queries, and the partial queries won't lead to useful results anyway. I'd prefer an explicit indication from the user that they're done, but I'm not sure if that's possible. I'm guessing that the delay is possible, but I don't know if that should go in the client or the query or somewhere else.

2) Is it possible to display images without any rescaling or cropping? I can tell the service the maximum size for images, but the actual size and aspect ratio will depend on the content. Both in the query and the preview, I'd like to insert those images as-is, but the defaults rescale and, in the query view, crop them.

In a related issue, I've set ShapeImages=false in the .ini file, but that doesn't seem to have any effect. That could be related to...

3) How do you get an updated .ini file to be used? I'm testing on an emulator (r243), and it seems to be caching the old .ini files. The only way I can get it to recognize an updated one is to restart the emulator. Surely there's a better way?

4) Is there some guide to making asynchronous queries? The tutorials I'm working off of seem to be synchronous, although the docs suggest the different parts may be running in different threads. But I'd like to fire off a query, get and display some results, and then fire off some more queries based on those results and display them when those replies get back. I've never worked with asynchronous code in C++, so a pointer to a C++ tutorial may be helpful. This may be relevant for (1).

Thanks,
Robert

Follow ups