Landing team 10.11.14

hi,

The mentioned image testing for RTM #151 is still ongoing. QA will give
us final results tomorrow which means we should  then be able to promote
a new RTM image ...

Indeed that doesn't mean that we'll go into slack mode, preparation for
a new milestone is already in full progress. Work on the TOP blockers is
advancing nicely and there is confidence many will be fixed in time for
the planned milestone on Thu.

For the first time we will also work on a fixed milestone schedule
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/MilestoneSchedule ) which we will
now stick to if it works out well, so the whole process should be more
predictable for everyone.

As mentioned in my announcement mail earlier today, if you are working
on one of the TOP blockers and want it to make this milestone, please
make sure to have your fixes ready in a silo by tomorrow evening (latest
by Wed early EU morning) for QA signoff.

In Image smoke testing land we still have a lot to do, if you are not
actually working on a TOP blocker bug, it would be helpful to take a
look at the smoke test results and try to help making sure we get them
all green ...

below you find the general paperwork and link list...

ciao
	oli

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/touch-image-stats/
http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/touch-image-stats/rtm/

The rtm "weekend images":
http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/touch-image-stats/rtm/152.changes
http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/touch-image-stats/rtm/153.changes
http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/touch-image-stats/rtm/154.changes

The vivid ones:
http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/touch-image-stats/13.changes
http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/touch-image-stats/14.changes
http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/touch-image-stats/15.changes

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

RTM Mako (127):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/mako/127:20141110:20141106/11313/

Vivid Mako (15):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/15:20141110:20141106/11312/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/TouchChannels

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

(See the issues dashboard for always up-to-date blocker status)

* Blocking issues:

** [TOPBLOCKER] Apps and services use large amount of CPU after unity8
resets
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1380848
 => Merge requests present
 -> This has been fixed for the most part (media-hub), but there are
still other places with the same problem (dbus)

** [TOPBLOCKER] file corruption on touch images in rw portions of the
filesystem
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1387214

* Known issues:
N/A

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion