Landing team 18.11.14

Hello everyone,

Visible progress on our road to the golden image. Essentially there are
only a few topblockers left, with most of them having fixes already
pending or in the works. We expect the milestone image this week being
really solid and close to the 'golden' quality!

We did not build a new image with all the changes yet due to missing
bits in the custom tarball - which is being tested at this very moment.
There might be one additional top-blocker appearing on our radar though.
During the testing of the new custom tarball QA noticed some problems
with unity8 crashes. Once we identify where the problem is coming from
(might come from some of the earlier landings), this issue will
certainly become a promotion blocker for this week. But let's see.

NOTICE! Important thing to note: *tomorrow* after the EU morning Landing
Team meeting we will be essentially *closing* the landing gates for
ubuntu-rtm. Nothing besides promotion blockers will be allowed to land
until we get an image promotion. The schedule (which has been mentioned
multiple times) can be found here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/MilestoneSchedule
(it is now also attached to our LandingTeam documentation)

Let's keep up the good work!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#25 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/25.commitlog
#24 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/24.commitlog

#162 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/162.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#25 vivid/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/25:20141118:20141117.1/11415/

#134 14.09/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/mako/134:20141117:20141106/11403/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/TouchChannels

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

** [TOPBLOCKER] web audio, pulse runs at 6% and screen will not blank on
idle
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1391230
 => Merge requests present
 -> New oxide-qt in a silo currently

** [TOPBLOCKER] file corruption on touch images in rw portions of the
filesystem
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1387214
 -> Fix in the works, should be prepared in a silo soon

** [TOPBLOCKER] Apps with prices are not shown by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1393410
 => Merge requests present
 -> Currently landing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** New alarm at 7:28 AM in 33326 days
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1390992

* Known issues:

N/A

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak