Plans for early development of Convergence/Desktop Mode

Hello,
I just saw an alpha of windowing in Unity 8 for Desktop and also recently, developers are already seeking help for testing the full shell rotation for Unity 8. I'm really getting excited and would like to know if there are already plans for the switching of Phone/Tablet UI to Desktop Mode when connecting to a monitor? Especially the devices planned to be supported while developing it. I have a Nexus 7 2013 and I bought a SlimPort just to be ready. Keyboard is already working and mouse works but without a cursor. I'm willing to buy a  bluetooth mouse and keyboard if ever it will be confirmed to be supported :)
I'm seriously excited to show off with my friends :D
Thanks.

Follow ups