Re: ANN: change to developer mode access criteria

On 11/24/2014 04:11 PM, Sergio Schvezov wrote:

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 6:02 PM, Nicholas Skaggs <nicholas.skaggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:nicholas.skaggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 11/24/2014 01:13 PM, Oliver Grawert wrote:

        hi,

        in the course of fixing http://pad.lv/1382559 adbd in vivid
        images now
        requites you to unlock the screen first if you want to establish a
        connection (from tonights nigly build on).

        if you try to connect while the screen is locked adb will return
        "error: closed"

        to not get annoyed by having to unlock your screen all the
        time if you
        do automated testing at home or some such, there is a way to
        put in a
        override file so you only need to unlock once.
        adbd will ignore the screen state if you "sudo touch
        /data/.adb_onlock"

        note this change only landed in vivid yet but will (within the
        next 4
        weeks) land in RTM images as well.

        ciao
                oli

    Can we get proper certificate support first before we do this?
    Then we wouldn't need to touch any special files. I echo Thomi's
    concerns to a greater extent; this is not discoverable.

You were there when we discussed this :-) Cert support is for vivid, this is for rtm primarily.

LOL, Yes, I just wanted to bring it up again and make sure the next changes make things easier not more difficult. Thanks for the heads up though; I get why you are landing this first so it can go to RTM as-is. Thanks :-)