Landing team 26.11.14

Hello everyone,

Testing of #169 continues - regression tests are nearly done, with the
situation looking pretty good. There are some issues here and there but
we're still waiting for the final verdict from our QA team. Still having
my fingers crossed here!

In our road to the next milestones such as OTA-1 and OTA-2, Olli and the
product team prepared a new scheme for tracking RTM-related bugs. All of
those will be assigned to a special PT launchpad team called
canonical-devices-system-image - this task will indicate the severity
and status from the POV of the product team. This should help keeping
track of issues.

We will continue to use our issue-tracker based system for promotion
blockers additionally as well. So the list below will be always
up-to-date with the current status in regards to promotion-readiness.

>From other news: Robert is continuing with his many changes to the CI
Train. Many of you might have noticed the recently added
auto-merge-and-clean functionality, so far working without any bigger
problems. Good work!

Anyway, we're already also preparing to bring vivid up to promotable
shape, but besides some smaller issues the images seem pretty good.
Let's prepare ourselves for a promotion next week for the devel channel
(for the first image from vivid actually!).

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#33 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/33.commitlog

#169 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/169.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#33 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/33:20141126:20141119/11502/

#140 14.09/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/mako/140:20141124:20141119/11488/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

** [TOPBLOCKER] UI randomly freezes
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1377332
 => Merge requests present
 -> Targeted for OTA-1

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** New alarm at 7:28 AM in 33326 days
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1390992

** there is no media playback in vivid
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1395862

* Known issues:

** [TOPBLOCKER] file corruption on touch images in rw portions of the
filesystem
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1387214

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak