Re: N4 sound isn't working

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Bogdan Cuza <bogdan.cuza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi!
> So, everything was fine today, until I noticed that the sound doesn't
> work. Alarms and ringtones work fine, but media sounds don't (such as
> Music). Moreover, there's no popup showing the volume change, although the
> icon in the notification panel gets updated. I am on the latest image (rtm,
> 10).

Yeah, I'm seeing the same

This is in the music log:
virtual QMediaService* AalServicePlugin::create(const QString&)
"org.qt-project.
qt.mediaplayer"
Creating a new static Service instance
Failed to start a new media-hub player session:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoRe
ply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
application di
d not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the
reply
 timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Failed to create a new media player backend. Video playback will not
function.

And a media-hub landed yesterday:
http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/touch-image-stats/34.changes