Re: Critical bug: Bootloop with system language set to Turkish on the Nexus 4

As I commented in the bug, this is almost certainly due to a fun little
fact about the Turkish locale: tolower() and toupper() probably don't do
what you expect when it comes to the letter i.

You can find some background here:
http://haacked.com/archive/2012/07/05/turkish-i-problem-and-why-you-should-care.aspx/
among other places.

Consider this a PSA to be careful when changing string case and then
comparing the result to a hardcoded string.  You might want to
use tolower_l/toupper_l with a C locale instead.

-mt