Help needed with protobuf transition

There's a new version of protobuf in vivid-proposed, which now ships the
binary package libprotobuf9 rather than libprotobuf8.  I'm organising
most of the required rebuilds
(http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/transitions/html/protobuf.html),
but there are two source packages that are normally handled by CI Train:

  compiz
  mir

(The transition page lists telephony-service and unity-system-compositor
as well, but these only have indirect dependencies on the relevant
library packages so can be ignored for this purpose.)

Should I just rebuild these directly in vivid-proposed, or could
somebody organise a silo with no-change rebuilds for these?  I don't
currently have a working device where I could do any useful testing
myself, and since I have 7.5 working days remaining before I move to
Launchpad development it's probably not a sensible use of my time to get
that going again.  I realise that a silo will require waiting until CI
Train is operational.

Note that this includes a proper fix for
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/protobuf/+bug/1275826, which
previously caused problems.  It may be reasonable to amend the
workaround in ubuntuone-storage-protocol.

Note further that this only affects vivid, and not ubuntu-rtm/14.09.
The most recent versions of compiz and mir in vivid were built for vivid
and not copied to or from ubuntu-rtm/14.09, so this shouldn't get in
anyone's way in terms of binary compatibility.

Thanks,

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx]

Follow ups