Re: Reviews and bug reports

Hi,

Am Mo, 29. Dez, 2014 um 11:49 schrieb Sam Bull <sam.hacking@xxxxxxxx>:
On lun, 2014-12-29 at 21:25 +0100, Niklas Wenzel wrote:
 it would be kind of cumbersome for me to maintain two bug trackers
 since I prefer Github for my personal projects.

 I think it would be easier for both parties if a review which a user
 submits as a bug report is sent to the developer via e-mail.

E-mail is another method of bug tracking, I don't see how e-mail is any
more convenient for me than being sent to a different bug tracker.
Either way, it's not appearing in my preferred tracker without me
putting it there.

That's true in some way. However, I believe it's easier for both the developer and the user who reported the bug to reply to an e-mail than to log in to the bug tracker. Thus, the user is probably more likely to answer to further questions. Furthermore, it prevents the discussion of one bug in two public places. Instead, the developer adds the necessary information to just one of them. This way, one will automatically see all available information on the bug when being sent its link. I also think that it will be confusing for your users if they find two bug trackers for your project. They will then possibly report a bug on the one which you only use for the Ubuntu Store.

On the other hand, using Launchpad will of course make life easier for those who already use Launchpad for bug tracking.

Regards,
Niklas