Re: Some Questions

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 1:18 PM, Julien Debaru <jdebaru@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi and Happy New Years to everyone,

Happy New Year :)

> For my christmas, I've installed Ubuntu Touch on my nexus 4. I love some
> things and I found some others more discutables.
> So, I've some suggestions/questions.
>
> The notification center on lock screen, how did it works ? I click, and
> click again put noting. Is it very important to know that you have taken
> fifty pics and listened three musics ?

Did you try double tapping on it? That should change the statistic shown,
if it doesn't that is a bug. Right now the stats are quite basic though, I
agree

> I found the launching of apps very slow. Is it normal ? Launching of Core
> apps must be, for me, instant (Or sort of).

The first time will be quite slow - subsequent times there should be some
caching done so that it's a bit quicker. Unfortunately it's not close to
instant right now - most applications take a few seconds at least

> For Ubuntu Store, it may be intersting to separate Scopes and Apps, no ?

It was my understanding that they are, but I haven't looked closely at this
recently

> You don't think that Applications Scopes (The main scope when you unlock
> the phone), is an repetition of the Launcher  ? BTW, I love the Launcher
> and the gestures.

Somewhat - the scope shows all installed applications whereas the Launcher
has shortcuts to selected ones so it's not exactly the same